The mission of the Advisory Board is to provide advice, guidance, support and advocacy to CSCS in continuing development of its activities and programs. The Board advises the responsible Vice President of ETH Zurich and the CSCS director in advancing the centre and its academic and operational programs.
The Advisory Board members serve as an advocacy group both individually and collectively and assist in promoting a positive image and good relations for CSCS with the HPC community within Switzerland, Europe and abroad, and in relating its scientific activities and services to society at large.
Members of the Advisory Board
- Prof. Dr. Anwar Osseyran, SURFsara, Holland (Chairman of the Board)
- Prof. Dr. Marco Baggiolini, President Emeritus Università della Svizzera italiana, Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Lippert, Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Germany
- Dr. Jeff Nichols, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Prof. Dr. Tim Palmer, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Dr. Horst Simon, Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory, USA
The members of the Advisory Board are appointed for two-year renewable terms.