Working at CSCS
|CSCS is an equal opportunity employer and provides a very international and inclusive working environment. With around 70 employees representing over 13 different nationalities our working language is English although the local language is Italian. Thanks to the small size of the operation there is strong team cohesion and employees are often granted opportunities and encouraged to develop into areas beyond their job description.|
What does CSCS offer?
CSCS supports new employees relocating to Lugano as follows:
- Accommodation - If necessary, CSCS can support the employee finding temporary furnished accommodation.
- Childcare - CSCS has an agreement with the nurseries of the City of Lugano where employees can by-pass the waiting list and are entitled to "immediate" entry.
- Language Courses - When starting to work at CSCS employees receive 15 intensive Italian lessons of 1.5 hours each during working hours.
- Transport - CSCS will arrange for your interview travel.
- Removal & Relocation - CSCS employees can benefit from a discount with a global removal & relocation specialist.
In addition to offer a stimulating work environment, CSCS offers a range of benefits, which are designed to make employees' work and life easier:
- Arcobaleno Pass - Staff who's workplace is Lugano are entitled to a 35% discount on the price of the annual Arcobaleno pass for the number of zones required to commute from home to CSCS.
- Continuing Education and Training - Support is provided for training and continuing education activities which are undertaken in conjunction with work or which help enhance employability.
- Car Sharing Mobility - All CSCS employees having the ETH card, a driving license, which is valid in Switzerland and a confirmation of residence, can try out the Mobility car sharing scheme in a free four-month trial. The annual Mobility subscription is available to employees for a discounted price.
- Christmas Closure - There is the chance to extend the length of a standard working day of 8:12 hours by a given number of minutes in order to compensate the Christmas Closure. Every employee is free to choose if he/she wants to advance the time to compensate the Christmas Closure or if he/she wants to work the standard daily time and use his/her holiday account to cover the closure period.
- ETH Library - The ETH Library is one of the largest libraries in Switzerland and serves as the central university library for ETH Zurich. It also functions as a national centre for scientific information. It focuses particularly on supplying electronic information to university members and providing other publication and archiving services, which are largely free of charge to members of ETH Zurich.
- Federal Savings Bank - Employees can open an account with the Federal Savings Bank.
- Friendly Working Environment - CSCS believes in teamwork and collaboration among employees and therefore it organizes several moments to get all together, as for example the weekly common breakfast on Thursday morning, the annual staff excursion, the Christmas lunch and the biannual party at ETH Zurich.
- Healthy lifestyle - CSCS support a healthy lifestyle and eating by offering complimentary fresh fruit, water and use of internal indoor gym.
- Private supplementary accidental insurance - In addition to their compulsory accident insurance, employees can also opt to take out private supplementary insurance from AXA Winterthur with attractive premiums. Amongst other things, this covers any additional costs for hospital treatment on a semi-private or private ward and any expenses incurred as a result of an accident abroad, which are not covered by compulsory insurance. It also provides benefits in the event of disability or death.
- SBB railpasses - Staff with a level of employment of at least 50% who are employed for at least six months are entitled to a free Half-Fare travelcard or a 15% contribution towards the cost of a GA travelcard, which allows you to enjoy unlimited travel on all SBB routes throughout Switzerland during the period of validity.