Sorry, the registration period for this event is over.
"Monte Rosa" Upgrade: Introduction Course - Interlagos/Gemini
The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS) will host an introduction course on its production computing platform, Rosa, between the 7th and 9th of November 2011, in Manno. In the next Fall, Rosa will undergo a major upgrade: the Cray XT5 will become a Cray XE6 system, with Interlagos processors and Gemini interconnect.
The introduction course will provide both existing and new users an introduction to the upgraded Rosa system including detailed information regarding the Cray XE6 hardware, software architectures and programming environments.
Furthermore, users will be gain practical experience with high-level profiling and optimization techniques on the new system, through a series of hands-on exercises.
Registration deadline: November 2nd, 2011.
Luiz DeRose, Heidi Poxon, and Jan Thorbecke from Cray
CSCS, Via Cantonale, Galleria 2, 6928 Manno (Please note that on googlemap CSCS is wrongly posted)
9:00 - 17:00 all days
The CPU part of CSCS Cray XK6 system "Todi" will be targeted.
Participants are expected to bring a laptop for hands-on training.
Maximum number of participants
Participants are kindly requested to make their own arrangements for accommodation
- Cray XE6 Overview
- The Cray Compilation Environment
- Performance Measurements with CrayPat
- Profile Visualization with Cray Apprentice2
- The Cray XE6/XK6 Architecture (details on Rosa and Todi)
- Porting and Optimizing Applications on the Cray XE6
- Cray Debugger Support Tools
- Performance Analysis and Visualization
- Optimization Techniques (II)
- Performance Analysis and Visualization (II)
- Cray Scientific and Math Libraries
- Hands on Lab Tuning applications