Sorry, the registration period for this event is over.
Introduction to OpenACC and CUDA Programming on the Cray XK7 Platform - 18-19 February 2013
CSCS has recently upgraded its Cray XK6 platform to Cray XK7 by introducing NVIDIA K20x devices together with CUDA 5, and a new Cray programming environment that includes OpenACC compilers. The goal of this 2-day training course is to introduce new features of the platform and its programming environment, and to provide hands-on training on CUDA5 and OpenACC programming.
Course instructors include experts from Cray (Alistair Hart) and NVIDIA (Peter Messmer). Course attendees are also encouraged to bring their own codes.
Registration deadline: February 11, 2013.
Please contact sadaf.alam(at)cscs.ch or jeffrey.poznanovic(at)cscs.ch for further technical informations
Alistair Hart from Cray, Peter Messmer from NVIDIA, and CSCS staff
CSCS, Via Trevano 131, Lugano www.cscs.ch/about_us/visitor_information/index.html
Day 1: 10:00 - 18:00; Day 2: 10:00 - 18:00
Participants are expected to bring a laptop for hands-on training
Maximum number of participants
Minimal number of participants
If the minimal number of participants is not reached we reserve the right to cancel the course. You will be informed two weeks in advance.
Participants are kindly requested to make their own arrangements for accommodation
DAY 1 TOPICS
- Cray XK7 platform (hardware details)
- Cray XK7 programming environment
- OpenACC introduction and roadmap
- Programming exercises using the Cray OpenACC Compiler
- Code development, debugging and performance analysis tools (OpenACC)
DAY 2 TOPICS
- CUDA introduction and roadmap
- CUDA 5 and Kepler devices
- CUDA programming exercises
- Code development, debugging and performance analysis tools (CUDA)
- CUDA and OpenACC interoperability