Who can apply?
These projects are intended for users who are new to CSCS :
- to allow them to port and test their codes before applying for a Production Project
- to generate the required benchmarks and resource justification to be included in the Production Project Proposal
Existing users who wish to port and test a new code or application may also apply for a Preparatory Project.
These projects consist of a limited and finite amount of compute resources. They are allocated for 3 months - a maximum extension of 3 months may be granted based on CSCS' evaluation of the request.
Preparatory Projects are allocated a total of 12'000 Allocation Units (AUs)» over 3 months on the Cray XE6 or a corresponding allocation if you are interested in a different platform (Cray XMT, SGI Altix UV).
Up to two A4 pages:
- Short description of the research methods
- Research goals to achieve at the end of the three months to be promoted to a Production Project
- HPC Experience of the applicant (brief description of the HPC know-how of the PI and the group; need of support in compiling, porting, optimizing, etc.)
How to apply
Please, send your Preparatory Project in pdf format to
Review process and decision
Preparatory Projects will undergo a technical review by CSCS experts within one month of submission.