October 03, 2019 - by CSCS
Due to the high-demand, we're pleased to inform that CSCS is proposing a new edition of the "High-Performance Computing with Python" course, which will be held November 11-13, 2019 at CSCS in Lugano, Switzerland.
Python is increasingly used in high-performance computing projects. It can be used as a high-level interface to existing HPC applications and libraries, as an embedded interpreter, or directly.
This is a new edition of the course originally developed by Dr. Jan Meinke and and Dr. Olav Zimmermann from JSC. The course combines lectures and hands-on sessions. We will show how Python can be used on parallel architectures and how to optimize critical parts of code using various tools.
The following topics will be covered:
- Interactive parallel programming with IPython
- Profiling and optimization
- High-performance NumPy
- Just-in-time compilation with Numba
- Distributed-memory parallel programming with Python and MPI
- Bindings to other programming languages and HPC libraries
- Interfaces to GPUs
- This course addresses scientists with a working knowledge of NumPy who wish to explore the productivity gains made possible by Python for HPC.
For more information, the detailed agenda and registration, please visit the event page >