October 29, 2021 - by CSCS
Even though focus will be on science, the interviews are generally meant to get to know our user community better.
Our third guest is Sandra Luber, SNSF Professor at University of Zurich.
University of Zurich
- 2001-2004 Diploma in chemistry, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
- 2004-2005 Exchange Student, ETH Zurich
- 2005-2007 BSc/MSc in chemistry, ETH Zurich
- 2007-2009 PhD in theoretical chemistry, ETH Zurich
- 2010 Post-doctoral researcher at Biozentrum, University of Basel
- 2010-2011 Post-doctoral researcher, Yale University, USA
- 2012 Start-in program for young talents, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
- 2012-2017 Project group leader, University of Zurich
- 2016 Habilitation thesis, University of Zurich
- Since 2017 SNSF professor, University of Zurich
Area of research
Development and application of theoretical methods derived from quantum mechanics for chemistry and materials science.
Ab-initio methods for highly-accurate study of functional systems and spectroscopy, catalysis, in silico design of novel materials and processes.
HPC means for me
An exciting combination of excellent computational resources and forefront computational methods, which allows us to explain and predict properties of challenging chemical systems and complex processes.