The User Regulations define the basic guidelines for the usage of CSCS computing resources. The right to access CSCS resources may be revoked to whoever breaches any of the user regulations.
- Terms & Conditions
These are the Terms & Conditions, which users need to follow in order to access CSCS computing resources.
- Access to CSCS facilities is granted on an individual basis. An account is usable by the applicant only and only for the exlpicit purposes stated in the project application. CSCS does not allow sharing of accounts.
- The applicant is not permitted to give any other person (project member or otherwise), organization or representative of any organization access to CSCS facilities explicitly or implicitly, through negligence or carelessness. Revealing of passwords or identification protocols through verbal, written or electronic means is strictly prohibited. Any such activity is considered a breach of CSCS security, the contract between the applicant and CSCS at the moment the Account Application Form is submitted and approved, and the established contracts between CSCS and its computer vendors. Should such activity occur, the applicant will be immediately barred from all present and future use of CSCS facilities and is fully liable for all consequences arising from the infraction.
- Any indication of usage or requests for runs which give rise to serious suspicion will be further investigated and escalated to the appropriate authorities if necessary.
- Access to and use of data of other accounts on CSCS systems without prior consent from the principal investigator to which project the user account pertains is strictly prohibited. The terms and conditions for use of data from other accounts must be directly agreed to by the data owner.
- The applicant confirms that all information provided on his/her Account Application Form is true and accurate, and that she/he has not knowingly misrepresented him/herself.
- The principal investigator should promptly and proactively notify CSCS as soon as the applicants (i.e. the future account owner) should be suspended.
- All CSCS account holders are fully bound to obey by the ETH Zurich Acceptable Use Policy for Telematics Resources (“BOT”).
- Code of Conduct
The CSCS code of conduct (version of April 25, 2014) aims to outline the responsibilities and the proper practices for CSCS user community.
Access to Source Codes
If you are using your own code for production projects at CSCS, you agree to make this code available to CSCS application analysts for performance analysis and optimization purposes (if necessary). If you are using third-party commercial or community open-source codes, CSCS will contact the developer as needed.
Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC)
It is expressly stated that panel committee members must not be contacted under any circumstances on issues regarding the proposal. Violation of this rule disqualifies the proposal from scientific review and leads to immediate rejection.
Users must quote and acknowledge the use of CSCS resources in all publications related to their production and development projects as follows: "This work was supported by a grant from the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS) under project ID ###"