CSCS issues calls for proposals that are announced via the CSCS website and e-mails. To get an account at CSCS you need to be invited either by CSCS admin staff or group leaders (or PIs)
If you are:
- A new Principal Investigator (PI) you must have applied for a preparatory project to receive the invitation to get an account at CSCS (invitations for new PIs are issued by CSCS).
- A new member of a group with an existing project and you need an account within this project, the PI (or his deputy) needs to issue you an invitation to provide the needed information via account.cscs.ch.
- An existing user who needs to be added to another open project with a different PI, please ask the PI to send you an invitation to be added to his/her project.
Please note that as soon as you receive and accept an invitation to get an account at CSCS, you agree to the CSCS/ETHZ regulations stated here »
***BE AWARE that accounts are bound to projects, that is your account will be closed with the project unless you are invited to join a different valid project.***
When providing information, please be aware that you are asked to provide only institutional information and a scanned copy of your passport (which will be deleted immediately and automatically after the account is created, you can provide a scanned copy of your ID card only if it is readable and understandable), i.e.:
- Institutional email address (gmail, hotmail, etc. will not be accepted)
- Correct information (title, name, etc.)
- Data must be consistent
Accounts are usually opened within 48 hours.